The average income person cannot afford to buy a new expensive sports car, but it doesn’t mean that their design and attractive style is out of reach for such people. There are several ways to enhance the exterior of a car to give it a stylish look and also to improve its aerodynamics. Car body kits are not so expensive and can be obtained at a low budget. Body kits make the car noticeable to everyone, but before buying body kits for your car, you need to consider 5 crucial things –
1. Ensure Genuineness of Quality: While comparing body kits, you have to be sure that they are genuine and not duplicate. Many sellers promise a direct case, but in many cases we will be charged a huge amount by the body shop as they have to fix the bumper for us.
2. Check if Any External Modification are Needed: Panels and body kits are unfinished parts and need sanding, preparation, priming, and painting. Some kits need some notching, drilling, and some more changes, so watch out for such requirements before you buy the kits.
3. Seek Assistance from Only Experienced Mechanics: One should check whether the body shop mechanic has experience in fixing body kit parts and get the parts fixed by a trained professional. Fitted kits or body kits that have been attempted to be fixed might not be returned.
4. Prefer Urethane Kits over Fiber Glass: The type of material with which body kits are prepared should also be considered. Body kits are usually made with urethane or fiberglass. Some are a mixture of both the materials known as poly-fiber. Nowadays, most of the body kits are made of urethane, but body kits made of fiber glass are also available in stores. Urethane-made kits are simple and flexible to install, while fiberglass-made kits mend quicker than urethane body kits, but it is breakable. So, we have to decide what will be proper for us.
5. Quality of Body Kits: The quality of the body kits is one of the most crucial aspects to be considered. One should not buy a kit that can get damaged easily even during a small crash. Durability of the kit should be considered before buying it.
You can verify the durability by checking the feedbacks of existing owners.
So, you ought to select a body kit that perfectly fits your car, and not purchase them blindly by seeing the reviews.
Types of Body Kits
There are mainly three types of body kits available – lip, wide body, and bumper replacement.
All of them are effective and can give great looks to your car. But, you need to know our preferences and then look at several models available.
Size is also an important factor to be considered; body kits that you buy, should fit your car perfectly.
The simplest one among all the body kits is the lip kit that is easy to install and uninstall. The replacement bumper kit is harder to install and its fitting totally differs from lip kit.
It might be difficult to install bumper kit without causing any damage to the car. The wide body kit will stay in between the two, but it costs more than other body kits.
Try the Body Kits with ABS
Kits like ABS are usually the easiest to install and it offers the best finish. The cost of these kits is more. A GRP (glass re-enforced plastic) kit with the right installation gives best finish and makes the ride unique.
There are plenty of different kits available to spice up the looks of your car, so do some research before buying these kits.